Saturday, February 15, 2014

Daily Drumbeat 2-15-14

Happy Morning,
Kind of an alarmist article but actually worth a read.  I don't want to be putting all these chemicals in our kids.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/14/health/chemicals-children-brains/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews
As you will see my fine feathered friends, my drumbeats as of now are literally just to get me in the habit of doing it.  My goal is that over time they will begin to take shape that will be more focused in the direction of where we want to go (and help us collectively coalesce our thoughts).
Love you all.
C

From Imran on 2/15
"If I can get out of the way, if I can be pure enough, if I can be selfless enough, and if I can be generous and loving and caring enough to abandon what I have and my own preconceived, silly notions of what I think I am - and become truly who in fact I am - then the music can really use me. And therein lies my fulfillment. That's when the music starts to happen."
- John McLaughlin (Kick-ass guitar player... in case you didn't know)

Afterthought: searching for ways the "music" (however defined) can really use us

No comments:

Post a Comment